viernes, 25 de octubre de 2013

My New Haircut

Over the past week I've been feeling like a needed my hair trimmed up, but I was worried about going to a hair stylist here and getting my hair messed up. In Chile I was growing my hair out, so I never had to worry about the language barrier in those five months. Today, I finally man'd up and took a leap. Before going I decided I wanted a more European style though. In order to choose what would look best, I looked through the roster for the FC Barcelona soccer team. I decided on Gerard Pique, who happens to be Shakira's husband as well. At the peluquerria I asked the stylist if he liked Barca (the soccer team) and he said no, he preferred Madrid (He was gay, I should have known he would prefer David Beckham's old team). So I asked if he knew Pique and he said he wasn't sure. Then he talked with some of the other people around the hair salon and looked at me and said "you can't say soccer player, why didn't you just say Shakira's husband?" We laughed and then I got my haircut while Leah got a pedicure.

This weekend I am going to Granada with my study/intern abroad program. Almost everybody is going, so I think things are going to be pretty crazy but only in the best way. Granada is the southern most region of Spain boasting a famous palace known as La Alhambra. I look forward to sharing those photos with you soon!
Another bit of amazing news for you all, Leah encouraged me to plan another trip to Norway and now those plans have been finalized. The two of us are going to be flying to Bergen, Norway (not Oslo as per my previous plans) during the weekend of the 14th of November. According to past records, the tempurature should be between freezing and 42 degrees F while we are there. I am so excited to have a second chance to enjoy the natural beauty in Norway!


1 comentario:

  1. Your haircut definitely looks European! You're pulling it off though :) fitting right in, I'm sure.

    ResponderEliminar