miércoles, 18 de septiembre de 2013

Getting More Comfortable

As of today I have planned a 4 day trip to Dublin, Ireland and another 4 day trip to Oslo,Norway!!!!!!!!! I wish that I could accurately convey in this blog the nervousness and excitement coursing through my veins when I hit the confirm button for my flight to Oslo. Those two trips are in mid-October. I can't wait to share the stories with you all!

This story is about growing up and having new experiences at work. Over the past week, I've been working on an excel spreadsheet at work that has become my baby. This is my first time at a job having a project of my own that I'm completely responsible for. I finally finished it yesterday, but then we decided it needed a few more fields. No problem. Today my Spanish boss finally came back from vacation and didn't know that I had been working on this project so much, so when we were talking about it she kept saying "ah I didn't realize they had finished this part" and stuff like that. The bad part is, she just copied and pasted some things into the spreadsheet. The point of me working on it was to make everything uniform and pretty, then she did that. It took me at least an hour to reorganize everything. So my new experience here was spending several full days of work on a project only to have my boss ruin it in a couple of minutes. 

Up to this point I only knew the other 5 interns in my program, but tonight I met the students.... The are almost all crazy party animals and super loud, stereotypical loud Americans. You may think I'm being a little harsh and to that I reply that I'm going easy on them. Tonight we had a group activity, but half of the students were late getting to the meeting point so they just met us at the end. When we all got together, they were all so loud and making a scene. The exact reason that some people from foreign countries think that we are annoying. While they were being loud, five of us interns just looked at each other and cringed. We also tried to momentarily stray away from the group too. But the good news is that there are a few cool guys in the group. One guy named Caspar is Polish enough to have an accent, but grew up in the states and is absolutely hilarious. He was the first student to make a point to introduce himself to the interns and walks straight up to me and does the double cheek kiss greeting which guys do not do to other guys here. Everybody laughed about it and then things were less awkward.

Yet again, this weekend is a holiday weekend in Barcelona. I'll have more information in my next post, but for now all I know is that I have a 5 day weekend because I'm off Friday-Tuesday. I'm going to try to hit up several different beaches during my long weekend.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario