jueves, 12 de septiembre de 2013

My Homestay and Friends

So I just realized that I haven't said anything about the people I'm living with. I elected to do a homestay for this trip which means that I get a host family. I was assigned to a woman in her mid-60s that takes in three international students.
-Conxita (Conchita) is my host mother. She has a son that I haven't met, but is older and has his own family. So far I haven't been able to spend much time with her because she leaves the apartment for work at 7:30 AM and doesn't get home until around 9 PM or later. I have taken full advantage of the time I've been around her though. We usually have deep conversations that would last forever if we let her keep talking while eating dinner.
-Choi Chen? and Yen? ...ok so I live with two Chinese boys and to be honest I have no clue what their names are. They both arrived a week before me and are part of a different program. They are both really quiet and if they are home you can bet that they will be in their rooms with the doors closed, so I don't even know if they are ever home.

My friends from the program:
When arriving Monday and being ushered straight into a brief orientation with hardly any sleep, I met the five other interns that are starting at the same time as me. They are all girls. Up until today I only knew how to contact one of them, Jazmin. Tomorrow we will all meet up again for orientation and hopefully we will be able to share phone numbers and whatnot.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario